1. Make sure your home is safe and secure
If your home has been damaged, make sure everyone involved is safe and, if you need to, call emergency services.
For example, if there has been a theft, burglary or vandalism, or an attempt at these, call the police immediately. Once it's safe to do so, you should make sure your home is secure to avoid further loss from occurring.
2. Submit a claim
You can report your claim online. You'll need the following information, so it pays to have your recent policy document on hand:
- Policy number for the policy you are claiming on
- Name of the main policy contact
- Date of birth of the main policy contact
- Postcode (of your postal address)
- Email address
- Details of what happened and when
- Details of any other people involved (including any witnesses or emergency services)
- You may need to provide proof of ownership such as receipts, instruction manuals or photos.
Once your claim has been lodged, one of our customer managers will get in touch within five working days. Alternatively, you can call us on 0800 500 216 if your situation is urgent - it will take about 15 minutes to lodge your claim. Let us know if your home is no longer safe or secure.
3. We'll get you sorted
A customer manager will keep you fully informed about your claim's progress. They'll ensure that any damaged property covered by your policy is repaired or replaced as quickly as possible, so that you can get back to normal.