If you and your belongings have moved out of your parents' home then you will no longer be covered by their Contents Insurance, so will need to take out your own policy. Unlike a family home, if you are flatting, your Contents insurance only covers your belongings and not your flatmates' as well.
In this section
- Am I covered if someone takes something during an open home, a party or during a tradesperson's visit?
- Am I covered by my contents insurance if something happens to my belongings while I'm on holiday?
- I'm a student who is living in a boarding school or in tertiary accommodation. Am I still covered under my parent's contents policy?
- I've just moved into my first flat. Am I still covered under my parent's contents policy?
- How do I add optional extras to my Contents Policy?
- Are my contents covered for earthquakes or other natural disasters?
- Can I get contents insurance if I'm renting?
- What does my contents insurance cover?
- Does my contents insurance policy cover my broken mobile phone or tablet screen?
- Do I need to specify my hearing aids?