EQC covers damage from natural disasters like earthquakes, volcanoes, tsunamis, landslips and geothermal events, with building damage capped at $150,000 ex GST. It also insures for fire resulting from any of these natural disasters. In future, private insurers will manage and settle all EQC’s under cap claims on behalf of EQC as well as their over cap claims.
In this section
- Will EQC levies change as a result of the Natural Disaster Response Model (NDRM)?
- What is the National Disaster Response Model (NDRM)?
- What does EQC cover?
- I need to make a claim - what should I do?
- What information do I need to make a claim?
- What is legal liability?
- Your house is not safe to live in
- There has been a fire