Taxes, fees and levies such as GST, Fire and Emergency Services NZ (FENZ) Levy and Earthquake Commission (EQC) Levy are collected by all insurance companies on behalf of the government. Insurance companies, like AA Insurance, include them in the premium you pay and ensure they’re passed on to the Government.
In this section
- Why has my premium gone up even though sum insured has decreased?
- Why has my premium gone up even though my agreed value has decreased?
- Why have reinsurance costs increased?
- I don’t live in a flood zone, earthquake prone or high risk area – why has my premium increased?
- Are AA Insurance the only ones impacted by a change in reinsurance costs or is this an industry wide change?
- I haven't made any home or contents claims in the past, why are my premiums going up?
- I haven't made any car claims in the past, why are my premiums going up?
- Why has my premium increased more than inflation?
- Do you price match with competitor premiums?
- Can I expect to see my premium increase for my policies in future?