All of our insurance policies have a policy excess, which is outlined on your policy schedule. However, there are some additional excesses which may also apply if you need to make a claim. We've outlined some examples of additional excesses below. These examples are general information only. Please refer to your policy schedule and policy document for full details of the excesses that may apply to you.
Car and vehicle policies:
- Inexperienced driver/rider excess: This excess applies for drivers/riders who are 25 years of age or over, who have less than two years driving experience.
- Under 25 excess: This excess applies for drivers/riders who are under 25 years old and are listed on your policy.
- Unlisted under 25 excess: This excess applies for drivers/riders under the age of 25 who aren't noted on your policy.
The amounts for these excesses vary across our car, classic vehicle, motorcycle, motorhome, caravan and trailer policies. Please refer to your policy schedule or contact us to confirm the additional excess amount which may apply.
Home, landlord and contents policies:
- Unoccupied excess ($1,000): This excess is in addition to your policy excess, and applies if your home is unoccupied for longer than 60 days.
- Natural disaster excess ($5,000 - not applicable for contents): This excess is in addition to your policy excess, and is applied in natural disaster claims with property that is exempt from the natural disaster insurance cover provided by EQC.