If you're a student living in tertiary accommodation provided by your school, college or university temporarily (e.g.; you still live at home, but you stay away from home at your tertiary accommodation during term time/the semester) you may be covered under your parents’ Contents Insurance Policy with AA Insurance. This cover is up to the value of $5,000 and includes your legal liability. Check your policy documents to see if you're covered for this.
In this section
- Do you cover my laptop or tablet if I bring it to work or school?
- Does my contents insurance policy cover guns or firearms?
- Are my belongings covered if they're stolen from my car?
- Does my policy cover pet damage?
- Does my contents policy cover my prosthetic limb?
- Why has my contents sum insured increased on my renewal schedule?
- Do you cover quad bikes, dirt bikes or go-carts?
- Does my contents policy cover drones?
- Can I include excess-free hearing aid cover on my policy?
- Can I include laptop and tablet cover on my policy?
- I've just moved into my first flat. Am I still covered under my parents’ contents policy?
- What does my contents insurance cover?
- I'm moving house - what do I need to update?
- Can I update my policy before renewing it?
- Do you cover the repair of areas in the home that weren't damaged in an event to create a match?