How can we help?
Account & Login
Payments & Premiums
AA Membership & more
- Does my policy cover me if I’m using my vehicle during a track day or if I'm racing?
- Does my policy cover me if I use my motorcycle for business use?
- Can I get insurance for a motorcycle that I'm not licenced to ride?
- What kind of cover do you have available for motorcycles?
- Do you cover mopeds?
- What is one event, one excess?
- Does my car insurance policy cover me while I'm off-roading?
- Is my insurance cheaper if my car has an alarm, dash cam or GPS tracker?
- Am I covered for fuel contamination and what should I do if I use the wrong fuel in my vehicle?
- Is my trailer covered under my car insurance?
- Do I need to disclose speeding fines/tickets when setting up my policy or updating my details?
- Do you cover electric and hybrid vehicles?
- Do you cover my laptop or tablet if I bring it to work or school?
- Does my contents insurance policy cover guns or firearms?
- Are my belongings covered if they're stolen from my car?
- Does my policy cover pet damage?
- Does my contents policy cover my prosthetic limb?
- Why has my contents sum insured increased on my renewal schedule?
- Does my policy cover off-grid power sources?
- Does my home policy cover me for damage caused by pests?
- Can I include excess-free glass cover on my policy?
- Can I insure a multi-unit dwelling?
- What is a multi-unit dwelling?
- Why has my home sum insured increased on my renewal schedule?
- Does my landlord insurance cover me for any loss of rent?
- Am I covered if my tenants cause damage to my rental property?
- Am I covered if I need to evict the tenants from my rental property?
- Are the contents I keep in my rental property covered by my landlord insurance?
- Does my landlord insurance cover me for damage caused by illegal drug use?
- Can I include extended landlord cover on my policy?
- What does my trailer insurance cover me for?
- Is my trailer covered under agreed value or market value?
- Do you offer Trailer Insurance?
- Does my Trailer Insurance Policy also cover damage to the contents of my trailer?
- Can I claim on my motorhome policy if my windows or windscreen has been damaged?
- What cover do you offer for motorhomes?
- Does my motorhome insurance policy cover me if I break down?
- Are the contents in my motorhome covered by my motorhome insurance policy?
- Is my motorhome insured for an agreed value or market value?
- Do you offer Motorhome Insurance?
Small Business Insurance
- Why can’t I see my Small Business Insurance policy online?
- I don’t have a registered company; can I still get business insurance?
- Do you offer income protection insurance?
- Can I get a quote for my Small Business Insurance at an AA Centre?
- Do I need defective workmanship cover if I have public liability cover?
- Can I insure my commercial premises?
- Why haven't I received the password reset email for my My AA Insurance account?
- Can I create more than one login to access my policies in My AA Insurance?
- I've registered for My AA Insurance, but I'm not able to log in; what do I do?
- How do I change my password for My AA Insurance?
- I've changed my email address, how do I update my My AA Insurance account?
- Do I have to log in each time I use My AA Insurance?
- How can I register for My AA Insurance?
- What is a main policy contact?
- How do I find out who the main policy contact is?
- This is my first time registering for My AA Insurance, so why do I receive an error message telling me my email is already registered?
- How do I find out if I'm already registered for My AA Insurance?
- Where can I find my policy number?
- What is an interested party?
- Does my policy have a stand down period?
- How do I check what’s covered by my policy?
- How do I renew my policy?
- When does my policy renew?
- What can I expect if my policy is due to renew?
Updating your policy
- How do I change the interested party on my policy?
- How do I update my contact details through My AA Insurance?
- How do I cancel my policy?
- What can I do once I've registered for My AA Insurance?
- Can I change my car insurance cover type in My AA Insurance?
- Can I update my policy before renewing it?
Home Insurance Claims
- When I make a home claim, am I entitled to my full home sum insured?
- What’s involved when I make a home insurance claim?
- What's the difference between my AA Insurance customer manager and a project manager working on my claim?
- What kind of photos are needed for my insurance claim and why?
- What is a scope of works and what is the process for preparing this?
- Who is MPS? Why are they working on my home insurance claim?
Contents Insurance Claims
- When I make a contents claim, am I entitled to my full contents sum insured?
- What is a ‘schedule of loss’ or ‘loss schedule’ and why do I need to complete it?
- What support is available if my temporary accommodation benefit runs out?
- Can I claim for spoiled food?
- What should I do after a storm or flood?
- I've dropped my device, will my contents policy cover me?
Car Insurance Claims
- What happens if my vehicle is written off or is a total loss?
- What is a Customer Service Centre?
- What does 'lifetime repair guarantee' mean?
- I've been in a car accident, what should I do?
- What happens at the Customer Service Centres?
- How do I make a claim for my car's windscreen or window glass?
Making a claim
- Do I need to lodge a claim within a certain time period after an event?
- How do I make a claim?
- What is an excess?
- If I didn't cause the accident will I still need to pay my excess?
- What details should I collect after being in an accident?
- How can I report a claim online?
- I’ve received a call/someone visited my home and asked me to pay my excess. Is this a scam?
- What happens to my premium if my claim is a total loss?
- Why do I still need to pay my premium when AA Insurance is repairing my vehicle/ home?
- If I forget to tell you something, will it affect my claim?
- I no longer want to claim, how do I withdraw my claim?
- How can I track the status of my claim?
Understanding your premium
- Why has my premium gone up even though sum insured has decreased?
- Why has my premium gone up even though my agreed value has decreased?
- Why have reinsurance costs increased?
- I don’t live in a flood zone, earthquake prone or high risk area – why has my premium increased?
- Are AA Insurance the only ones impacted by a change in reinsurance costs or is this an industry wide change?
- I haven't made any home or contents claims in the past, why are my premiums going up?
Paying for your premium
- Do you offer any buy now, pay later options?
- Are there any processing fees when paying via credit or debit card?
- I’ve received a text message advising that you were unable to process my latest bill and to update billing information via a link. Is this a scam?
- I want to postpone or suspend my insurance renewal, how do I do this?
- Is the AA Insurance Hardship Fund still available?
- Can I pay for my policy by cheque?
- What happens if I miss a payment?
- Why can't I pay by automatic payment?
- Can I put my policy payments on hold?
- How do I change my payment frequency?
- Do you deduct payments during weekends or public holidays?
- How can I change the account or credit card that my direct debits are deducted from?
- What’s happening with AA Smartfuel?
- How do I update my AA Membership details?
- Where do I find my AA Membership number?
- I lost my AA Membership card, how do I get a replacement?
- How do I get an AA Membership?
- How do I get free eye checks at Specsavers?
AA Home Response
- What types of incidents are covered with AA Home Response?
- Will I be able to choose a preferred repairer with AA Home Response?
- Can I use the AA Home Response service for another house that's not insured with AA Insurance?
- What are the benefits of upgrading to AA Home Response Plus?
- How do I upgrade to AA Home Response Plus?
- I have a rental property; can my tenants use the AA Home Response service?