Your policy requires you to maintain and secure your home, including taking all reasonable steps to prevent loss occurring. To ensure your chimney doesn’t have any build-up that may cause loss or damage as a result of poor maintenance, it’s best to have your chimney swept regularly.
In this section
- Are my house keys covered by my home policy?
- Am I required to have my chimney swept regularly?
- How can I reduce my home insurance premium?
- Do I get a package discount if I insure my home and contents?
- I'm renovating my home, am I covered?
- Do you cover homes that are used for Airbnb or Bookabach?
- Is my home covered for earthquakes and other natural disasters?
- Do I need to tell you if my home is unoccupied?
- What's changing in home insurance premiums?
- What is reinsurance?