Yes - taking reasonable steps to calculate an accurate sum insured for your home or rental property is necessary for replacement cover to apply. Your sum insured will also be used to settle claims in the event of a natural disaster.
In this section
- Does my policy cover off-grid power sources?
- Does my home policy cover me for damage caused by pests?
- Can I include excess-free glass cover on my policy?
- Can I insure a multi-unit dwelling?
- What is a multi-unit dwelling?
- Why has my home sum insured increased on my renewal schedule?
- Does my home insurance policy cover solar panels?
- Can I set up a home insurance policy for my apartment?
- What’s a home sum insured amount?
- Does my home policy cover damage caused by trees?
- Will I still get replacement cover if I've given a low home sum insured?
- How do I calculate my home sum insured?
- Why is replacement cover only offered to non-natural disaster events that impact my home?
- Why can't AA Insurance work out my home sum insured for me?
- What's a contents sum insured amount?