No, you don't need to get a pre purchase inspection before we're able to provide you with an insurance policy. However, it's important that you take reasonable care to ensure the condition of the vehicle before you purchase it. It's also important to note that our policies don't cover you for any pre-existing damage.
In this section
- Does my car insurance policy cover me while I'm off-roading?
- Is my insurance cheaper if my car has an alarm, dash cam or GPS tracker?
- Am I covered for fuel contamination and what should I do if I use the wrong fuel in my vehicle?
- Is my trailer covered under my car insurance?
- Do I need to disclose speeding fines/tickets when setting up my policy or updating my details?
- Do you cover electric and hybrid vehicles?
- Do I need to get a pre-purchase inspection for my new car before I can get insurance?
- Can I insure a vehicle I'm borrowing?
- Am I able to insure a vehicle that I'm renting?
- Am I able to insure a flood damaged vehicle, which has now been repaired?