If you need to make a claim, receipts and valuations are a good way to confirm the details of what you're claiming on. If you don't have a receipt or valuation handy, you can also use photos, financial statements or records kept by the shop where you purchased the item.
In this section
- Do I need to lodge a claim within a certain time period after an event?
- How do I make a claim?
- What is an excess?
- If I didn't cause the accident will I still need to pay my excess?
- What details should I collect after being in an accident?
- How can I report a claim online?
- What happens if I start a claim online and can't complete it?
- I tried to start the Claim Online process but received the error message 'Sorry, your details could not be matched with our records. Please check the information you have entered.' What does this mean?
- What should I do if I find damage to my parked car?
- What should I do if my car is stolen?