AA Insurance can only provide insurance cover and financial support to customers who had an active insurance policy with us at the time of the recent severe weather events. If you’re not sure whether your policy was active with us at the time of these events, please get in touch so our team can assist you further.
We understand that this is a difficult and stressful time for a lot of New Zealanders. If you need support, you may be able to reach out to one of the below agencies to get assistance:
- Work and Income NZ have Civil Defence Payments available for anyone who needs help with essentials such as emergency food, clothing and bedding. You can find out the full details of how Work and Income NZ can assist you on their website here, or by calling them on 0800 400 100.
- Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) have temporary accommodation services available for those who need accommodation now or expect to need it in the coming weeks/months. Register on their website.
- Lifeline are able to assist you or a loved one with mental wellbeing support. You can find more information on their website here, and call them on 0800 543 354.
- Red Cross may be able to provide you with emergency supplies and financial support. You can call them on 0800 733 27677.
- Your local council may be able to provide support to help get through. Contact your local council directly for more details.
- Citizens Advice Bureau can provide you with localised advice on support options in your region. You can find more information on their website here, or by calling them on 0800 367 222.
- You may be eligible for the Hawke’s Bay Disaster Relief Fund. Visit their website here to find out how they can assist and if you meet the eligible criteria.
- You can also find a comprehensive list of what support is available and where you can get help on the Civil Defence website here.
Ministry of Social Development have introduced North Island Weather Events - Temporary Accommodation Assistance (NIWE TAA) payments for impacted homeowners.